Check it Out!
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index] [Subject Index]


You must post replies to the actual sender listed below.

From: RhondaL 

If you are looking for haylage (otherwise known as grass silage) any dairy farmer in the US (or Canada for that matter)with either an upright silo or a bunker - type silo will have it.

Dairy farmers tend to put up almost pure alfalfa silage -- probably a little high in protein for many horses.

You can also buy round bales wrapped in plastic to ferment and form silage. (Have you ever seen long white plastic worms that seem to stretch for a mile or two in a forage field?) Tricky to handle a 750 lb bale, though!

The problem is you would need a tractor  to handle the big round bales, and probably a tractor with bucket for the bulk stuff.

So it`s around, but no one packages it for horse folks.


Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net,    
Information, Policy, Disclaimer:   

    Check it Out!    

Home    Events    Groups    Rider Directory    Market    RideCamp    Stuff

Back to TOC