Re: Please help save our horses!!!!

Yes, slaughterhouses are a fact of life.  I have worked to protect the
inhumane transport of these animals - unecessary suffering. I have tried to
keep good bloodstock, young horses and healthy animals away from them by
marketing them for others to good trail homes especially when the market
fell apart for those people who senselessy bred Arabians (and others) for
the tax write off and then had no clue what to do with them.  In my county
I can see my acquaintances riding great horses that I moved from the "throw
away" pile into decent homes.
I have also assisted brand inspectors in locating stolen horses that almost
went to slaughter.
Having said that, I acknowledge slaughterhouses and the animal control
centers are a fact of life.  You kill dogs and cats because some one wanted
to "see" what would happen when mama dog had a litter.  Then take them all
to the pound!

But please, in all fairness to this person who is worried about the cruelty
and unfairness to animals in this world--the person who started this
thread-- PLEASE! Don't ask a question like: "Why aren't you at the auction
buying them and bringing them home?"
Who can do that?  We do what we can do....

I feel compassion for the anxiety felt by people who care and think there
is actually one answer!