Re: full recovery at vet checks?

In a message dated 2/19/99 8:57:42 AM Pacific Standard Time, kim@plough-
electric.com writes:

<< nswer:  It is alot lower because of the rain/ mud/ etc and usually he is a
nut
 case with so much time off.  It is a pleasant surprise for me that he isn't
and I
 contribute it to myself riding more relaxed, breathing and perhaps his
maturity
 (12 this spring).

 Question:  Someone asked me if sweet feed makes him sweat.  I never thought
of
 that connection before.  Is there anything in feeding sugars/ molasses and a
 horse sweating?
 P.S.  I enjoy your articles in Trail Blazer...thank you!
 Kimberly (&Mystery the Morab..."feed me sweet feed all the time!!!!")

 > ti >>

Kim,

The higher energy use will produce more body heat and cause more sweat. But
sweat, as long as water and electrolytes are fed, is not a bad thing. Maybe
Heidi or Susan have more in-depth views on this. In our horses, one that
doesn't sweat scares me to death.

ti