Re: Feeding Fat

This may be over-simplification, but, here goes.  I asked Dr. Kopp, the
Southern States Nutrition vet about when and how to feed fat for horses.  His
advice was very simple, something even I could understand.  He said, "When you
get concerned over the amount of feed that your horse needs to maintain his
weight, feed extra fat."  It doesn't matter if you have an endurance horse, or
a pony broodmare, if the horse needs more calories than he can get from his
normal ration, feed fat.  Simple concept, huh?
Leigh