Re: target shooters

I know it's not the answer, but I ALWAYS ride with sleigh bells on a strap
hanging off my saddle.  I want folks to hear us coming.

Cindy Eyler
Baltimore

(Not that we'll be on the trail for a while, since my stupidity and bad
vision resulted in two broken wrists this past weekend.  Only good part was
that my SSG neoprene gloves kept the broken bones from moving -- doctors
were amazed that there was no displacement.  Forgot...the other good part
was being nuzzled by my horse when I was sitting on the ground.)

At 01:02 PM 2/16/99 -0800, guest@endurance.net wrote:

>PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO GUEST@ENDURANCE.NET!!!
>You must post replies to the actual sender listed below.
>
>From: lianne cantrall
>Email: lcantral@sps.lane.edu
>
>target shooting is a serious problem. I've been almost shot 9 times. Twice
on our property and the rest out on trail. We have complained many times
over and so have our neighbors. The BLM people feel that it's our problem.
They put up signs once every ten years. I am in the process of writing
another letter to the manager of our area, again. I am also going to mail a
copy to my congressman. Ther needs to be something done soon.  The more
people there are the more target shooting. There is no law that says you
have to be educated to shoot a gun, unless your a child. I guess it's
assumed you have a brain on safety if your an adult. Guess again. These
people do not see our houses or our bodies in the woods so they assume they
are the only ones out there. I would encourage all people who value their
lives to get involved and write the proper people and keep a follow up. The
more voices heard the better.  This is a life and death situation. Target
shooting on public lands should be!
> in safe designated areas. There are too many uneducated or just don't
care people out there. It's a good thing I don't carry a gun because I get
real hot when people shoot at me. I get in ther face with my horse and dogs
and tell them if they are not outta here soon the cops are on the way. They
do leave because they see the anger on my face.  The problem is that the
people are not the same ones every time, so you have to repeat
yourself.This subject makes me extremely hot.

eyler@mindspring.com