Re: Wilderness Designations

In a message dated 2/16/99 8:02:45 PM Pacific Standard Time, trails@jps.net
writes:

<<  the results are we
 do not have sufficient OPEN SPACE i/e Recreational Lands that are left to
 provide uses for our GROWING POPULATIONS. >>
<< They including myself have learned what must be done to
preserve our Open Space including Wilderness Areas.>>

The designated wilderness areas (or as Bob puts it, Wilderness with a capital
W) IS closed off to the growing population for uses such as recreation.  That
is precisely why so many of us are fighting so hard to have public lands
managed in such a way that the public can use it and enjoy it, rather than
locking it up so that the public must get an Act of Congress to use it.

Heidi