Police Officers and Endurance

I am currently an Reserve Police Officer with a Police Department in the SF
Bay Area, Mtn View CA.  I will give you my own experiences and .02 cents.  I
think your question is a good one.  Even being a Reserve PO, our department
uses Reserve Officers very extensively, sometimes time gets tight.  Weekends
are the heavy demand times so I plan out my rides that I am going to do as
far in advance as possible and then work the schedule out with the PD.
I am currently looking at limited number of vacation days from my full time
job, so unfortunately, I may have to do the drive to the ride after work on
Friday night and then ride Saturday.  I have done this for several years and
I do agree that it is no fun, but what am I to do, when you love to ride...
With the Reserve Police work I have had to do the ride on Saturday and then
go to work that night.  These are the local rides and that is why I need to
plan the season out as much possible.  It is not unusual for me to have to
work a Sunday afternoon shift.  It does take a lot of planning, and it does
get stressful sometimes.
I understand where you are coming from, unlike the flame you got.  You did
not deserve that and I apologize for that person.
I hope this helps, if you have anymore questions please e-mail me directly
if you want.
Tony C