Police Officers & Endurance Riding

I would like to know if there are any police officers on Ridecamp that
regularly compete in endurance and/or competitive trail rides.  How compatible
are the two?

Also would be interested to hear from people who compete and have little
vacation time (10 days or so per year).  I currently have 30 days of vacation
a year and use most of it to attend rides -- now facing the prospect of being
laid off and having very little (or no) vacation time - not sure how I will
make very many rides this year.

Susan