Re: Wooley Boogers (clipping)

After riding in 70 degree weather yesterday (sorry you non-Californians) with
poor Harca panting, sweating and itching like mad, I bit the bullet and
clipped him -- all over.  Of course, this is the day after I decided I
wouldn't body clip at all this year -- Hah, no will-power.  Why do horses who
live in sunny, temperate, California insist on growing hair as if they lived
in Minnesota?  My older horse sweats just standing out in pasture he has so
much hair on him.  Anyway, I did it, I clipped and there's no going back.
He's wearing a heavy blanket at night and has  a run-in shelter.  I do think
that unless you can blanket and the horse has some shelter, you shouldn't body
clip (even in California).  Oh, another advantage to a body clipped horse:  I
pulled about a dozen ticks off of him (I thought I had them all before I
clipped!).  Happy trails!

Sylvia