Re: Wooley Boogers!!

guest@endurance.net wrote:

> PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO GUEST@ENDURANCE.NET!!!
> You must post replies to the actual sender listed below.
>
> From: Denise Jenkins
> Email: sheraces@earthlink.net
>
> Hi All,  Do you have to shave your horse before racing if he is haired up?  Or do you condition him accordingly??  Hope that is not too dumb a question but whether it is or not I need to know because Topgun is pretty hairy and I want to do the right thing.  I know if I shave him down I will need to keep him blanketed.  Any feedback is appreciated:)
>
> Denise

IMO - as long as you can stand to leave the coat on, do.  Not for the
obvious reasons, though.  If you leave it on while you're doing spring
conditioning, with related heat, sweating, etc., and then clip later on,
you will see all those great blood vessels dilated right up close to the
skin, where they can really shed some heat on humid spring rides.

-Abby B