Re: magnetic stuff

Duncan Fletcher wrote:

> All magnets are bipolar. Science spent many years looking for a unipolar
> magnet. Any one finding one will certainly be the next Nobel prize winner in
> Physics. And the techno BS goes on.
>
> Duncan Fletcher
> dfletche@gte.net

I had the same reaction, Duncan.  (Weren't magnetic monopoles the "MacGuffin"
in some famous science fiction series?  Larry Niven or somebody.)  Then I
figured out what she probably meant was "use two magnets."

But "bipolar" sounds so much better.  Standard pseudo-scientific technique.

Linda B. Merims
lbm@ici.net
Massachusetts, USA