RE: Redmond salt

Hi Linda,
We use ABC's Redmnt Salt along with their Rushcreek Minerals daily as the 2 combined have just about everything the horses need and it was recommended by ABC to feed this way along with ABC Plus and thus it is a complete suppliment.  We use to have it free choice but to do this for 12 horses I needed all the hanging cups which the horses promply tore down.  Now I just put it in their feed about 1 oz daily of each, it's easier.  We feed our endurance horses alfalfa 1 X day and grass and /or Oat hay 1 x day with the ABC Plus adn Redmond Salt adn Russhcreek Minerals.  All the younger horses also get a vitamin suppliment and athe Redmond salt and Rushcreek Minerals daily in their grain for their growth and development of strong bones, ets.

We live in southern AZ so have no grazing, hence they are only getting theri vitamines and mineral from what we feed them.

If you only have one horse or two, I'd feed free choice in a pan or hanging feeder and see how they eat it.  For us it's just easier to throw in their grain and they seem to like it.  Hardly any of them really lick the salt block or the mineral block they all have.

Hope this helps.

Bernita Barfield
Southwind Arabians
Breeding Endurance Horses by Design