tailing

Ok, here's another dumb question from Egypt.  It looks like I've been
corralled into helping to organise our first (probably) CTR in
November...I'm recommending CTR because we're dealing with novices such that
they think I'm an expert.  Don't tell anyone.

Anyway, a friend who is a natural born runner, unlike yours truly, began
cackling at the mention of endurance and saying, "Well, guess I'll be seeing
you at the jogging track then".  Horrors!  So how much running do you
actually do in endurance.  I said that it depended on the footing and that
running alongside the horse was more likely if the ground was really awful.
Am I right, or might I just have to take up running?

Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
Cairo, Egypt
gabbani@starnet.com.eg