Re: Nutrition

"Synergy Equine Supplements: Synergy Equine Supplements were designed by
Dr. Colgan and are based on the latest equine research. They contain
nutrients that are found only in first grade pasture, and are often
deficient in feed given to most performance horses kept in stalls.
                                                          ^^^^^^^^
Synergy 3 & 3X are for performance horses. Synergy 4 & 4X are for
racehorses. For further information on our formulations please contact
Equisense Inc., at (602) 941-0880"
<<

I shy away from any product this "good".
I like to know what it is that is going inside my horse.
Just what is so great about this product?  What is the proof?
What is in it?

In my area, I have to be very careful about any suppliments.
I've always known that for me and mine, selenium is a no-no.
There is just too much in the hay and forage.  Last year,
Dr. Sarah was out here for a lecture.  She was showing me some
of the pictures she used in the lecture. (Actually, she was showing
pictures of her horses and pony:-) One showed this very
nice flower.  "Hey, I've got those growing in the pasture."
"Yep.  They only grown in heavy selenium soil.  Never suppliment
with selenium."

So, Read through the hype and find out what is in a suppliment
and determine what your horse needs before you try any thing.
Don't try it because the horse in the next stall is getting it
and looks good.  Don't try it because your friend is selling it.
Don't try it because you heard on ridecamp the stuff is good.

Remember, the top endurance riders in the country don't do a lot
of supplimenting.  Good food, electrolytes, water, and maybe
one (count 'em one) suppliment.

**Off the soap box**

Wendy
Dragon Crest Ranch