Re: cross cantering

Hi Dawna, I had the same problem with my 13 year old gelding.  Actually the
problem went on for several years because I didn't pay much attention to it.
Figured we mainly trot anyway for endurance rides and conditioning, so why
worry.  Well, I happened to meet an equine chiropractor in our area and asked
her if she would work on Harca for me.  She did a thorough going over and said
she could find very little out of whack, but did find some stuff in his
shoulders that she adjusted and gave him an all over massage (which he
thoroughly enjoyed).  The next time I rode him, no hint of cross cantering and
his take-offs and stops were much smoother.  Totally amazing!  I'd give a
chiropractor a try.  Mine cost $100 for the treatment.  Now my only concern is
that poor Harca was uncomfortable for quite a while before I got smart enough
to address the problem.  I'm planning on yearly chiropractic treatment for all
my horses.  It is not the voo-doo I originally thought it was!

Sylvia