Endurance Movement

We breeed and raise our horses specifically for endurance.  As yearling we let them run with on the trails and they are very exciting to watch from all direction.  We are always happy to see them start to widen their rear legs at the trot as they are really using their rear ends and driving forward.  At a slow trot or jog usually their legs are tracking normally.

 SA Dust Devil +/ who now has 3000 endurance miles was the first of our breed we raised and competed and the first we saw do this.  When he does, it is awesome power and a huge trot. Dusty is AL-MArah/Crabbet bloodlines but I don't believe it is an exclusive characteristic of any one bloodline.  On the trail riding behind other horses I often see this,  usually it's a strong well built horse with a great butt and knows how to use it.

Bernita BArfield
Southwind Arabians
Breeding Endurance Horses by Design
Sierra VIsta, AZ