walk the walk

superpat wrote:
<<  I for one would like to see officials and judges learning about the sport
and
 it's attendant problems and I do not think that riding two 25 milers, or
 fifty or 100,  will make them a better judge or a better vet.  >>

I can tell you that my husband is a vet, is fabulous with lameness and is a wonderful comunicator.  He is great at a ride- well respected, fair, and thoughtful with his scoring.  He has vetted many 4-H rides and taught many young riders the value of caring for their horses.  He would not ride a ride (though he grew up fox hunting) - nor would he ever even think of riding enough to condition a horse.  It does not detract from his ability to do his job, nor does it make him less of a veterinarian.

Laura Hayes NE AERC# 2741