Lack of sufficient iodine and it's effects

Barb Peck bpeck@together.net
bpeck@together.net

I have recently found that one of my horses is borderline-deficient in iodine.  It was not a salt imbalance and not
related to the use/over-use or not using electrolytes properly.

One of the symptoms my horse had was sheath edema in the off
season (winter) the subject of which has been discussed here
many times, the other was an erratic energy level i.e.
on a cool crisp morning, he could be pokey... and on a hot humid
day he could be frisky.. just didn't figure....

If anyone's interested pls. Email me privately, it's taken
a long time to nail this problem, and it's a long story.

Barb

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-