Ridecamp

As I've said before I'm new to Ridecamp.  I joined because so much comes out of America in terms of equine research into sports medecine, nutrition, training, etc, etc.  I get Arabian Horse World & Equus and its obvious from following the performances of Becky Hart & Valerie Kanavy & all those who preceded them that America is at the forefront of endurance.
So I joined because I wanted to learn and because I felt that in a small way I could perhaps contribute.
I had been warned there would be lots of mail (yes!) and that there would be lots of terminology I wouldn't understand (yes!).  Initially there was a spate of fascinating information but this has been replaced almost entirely by some kind of personality struggle which to my mind doesn't belong on Ridecamp.
Why don't you guys just arrange to meet somewhere & have a sort of show-down at some OK corral.
The shame of it is that you've probably forgotten more than most of us will every know but the gems are being lost in a mire of barbed repartee which doesn't relate to what most of us are trying to get out of Ridecamp.  Unless there are "campers" out there getting some vicarious thrill from this Battle of the Giants.
Also the science of it all is getting me down.  This is horses we're talking about isn't it?  Sure the sport must progress, and scientific research must play its part, everyone would agree, but isn't there some happy medium somewhere?  What is a glucometer anyway & will it make my horse win races???  Flame me for being a Luddite if you will but I thought endurance riding was about conditioning, feeding, good riding, interpretation of the trail, and lets not forget, good crew.
Bye for now
Heather Hamper
SW France
Not forgetting Darrar, Pearl, Nayla & Syruss who have gone looking in their Christmas stockings for glucometers & carbo-loaders