RE:Heart Rate-Fit to continue criteria

Debbie Zanot darkcat5@yahoo.com
I have been following this discussion and it makes
tons of sense that a mid-way hold be run with the hold first
then the vet check. I agree with Teddy that you always
don't get a true picture when the horse is still all excited
 Actually it would be nice to know you can come in and
take care of your horses needs FIRST without standing in
line all nervous about if your horse is going to have time
to eat ,drink, relax, etc. My husband and I are 90%
crewless and I don't think it is very good for the horses
to be eating as you are standing in line but sometimes
you have no choice when everyone comes in together.
What really made me feel bad on one ride was not having my
horses food and water situated close enough to the PR
area (because I wasn't sure where it would be) and we were
running up front. The other horses had crews and were getting
drinks and noone offered my horse any because they wanted to
pulse out quicker and my boy is pulling toward their bucket
and I had to pull him back...Made me sick.
All that would have been different with the hold first eh??
Is that a ride managers choice to run a hold that way?

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-