Greatest Moments (without whining)

A short memory for pain sure helps as well....MOST endurance riders are NOT
whiners...we just remember the great times and forget about all the pain getting
there....

One of my greatest victories and memories  (and I did not win) was being second
to Debi Gordon and Redman (by HOURS) on a 3-day 150 where it sleeted, hailed and
snowed...  I felt like quitting every vet check, but some kind heart took my
horse and handed me a cup of hot soup...  How COULD I quit when my horse was
doing great?  I think we did so good because we hurried to "get it over with"....

Teddy

--
Teddy Lancaster
AERC# 139422 - Member since 1974

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak;
Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

-- Winston Churchill

Running Bear Farm, Inc.
Your Trail Riding Equipment Headquarters - Celebrating our 20th Anniversary!!!!
Teddy Lancaster, President
1348 Township Road 256
Kitts Hill, Ohio, 45645 USA  -  http://runningbear.com/
USA East Co-Chair until 12/31/99