Re: update

Boy!!! I sure would like at least a mention somewhere in AERC News that we ARE
AHC members and maybe some basic information on AHC.  If you go to their web
page, there are MANY good things to see...including stats on number of horses
and the uses they are put to.."Recreational" being the largest by far!!!!  And,
many people could make good use of their industry directory which for a $40.00
annual fee if free....I, for one, will join so I will get newsletters and the
directory...I would MUCH rather see my money directed this way...so I can be
better informed.

I don't think $5.00 will kill anybody, but there are better ways to approach
such an issue.

I bewilders and angers me that after asking several times, no one at the AERC
Office even knew AERC was an AHC member.  We have lost out on a WEALTH of
information, and agree with what AHC does or not, we MUST recognize that they
have CLOUT where we need it.  There IS strength in numbers and if we are 6000
strong and get a united front with other trail organizations, we may have enough
clout to make a difference.

No, I did not even think of asking for money to go to the Symposium...... I will
first ask Connie if someone has been appointed to represent AERC.  If not, I
will gladly do it.  Else, I go on my own, for my own education....

Teddy

PS: I am sending a copy of this to Randy Eiland and Ridecamp so people don't
think I am opposed to AERC...I am just opposed to mismanagement (an AERC history
- at least financially) and decision making without prior and prolonged
thought....

--
Teddy Lancaster
AERC# 139422 - Member since 1974

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak;
Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

-- Winston Churchill