AERC Trail Funds

Yes, AERC is a member of AHC.  Crockett brought the membership before the
board in 1992 and the board immediately passed annual membership.  Only once
has anyone rebutted this expense.  Crockett wrote the Trails Committee
charter way back in history and then in 1993 during his president term he
had all committees update their charters and establish accountability for
funds.  Clearly our Trails Charter maintains a lifetime membership to
American Horse Council.

In 1994 Crockett was asked to speak at the annual AHC Convention.  Our
participation established a wonderful working relationship with Amy Mann and
Jay Hickey.  They offer support for endurance, but folks, representatives
have to participate.  Like Bob just stated......... "lets get to work".

Back then our trails funds were in serious trouble, as in missing from the
treasurer's accounting!  Crockett and I had T-shirts made up and sold them
at the convention so we could afford to go to the AHC convention.  Another
year we stood at the dance entrance and "taxed" everyone a buck to get in!

Like Crockett, Bob and Arlene have been life time ACTIVE trail workers!  Not
just the trails they ride or the their favorite local special interest
project, but nationally.  Pat Oliva is another grand trail worker as is
Lovell, and there are many more.  Every one writing here should make a new
years resolution to get at least one more person ACTIVE in your region.

As for the issue on the $5 bucks....... enough has been said.  Write to
Connie Berto the Trails Chair or Doyle.  They both have email and should
listen as well as answer your concerns.

As for the convention...... well, offer Connie some suggestions and lets get
some good attendance at the meeting of the Trails Committee.  In the early
90's we had some darn good programs and speakers.  In fact for the "AERC,
Our Trails... Our Future" meeting we had over 200 people show up!  That is
what AERC needs again...... people getting active and not just with jibber,
but with personal commitment.  Passing around a donation hat is nice, but
lets get positive and set up a plan of attack.  That is exactly what Garrett
has done.  Get professional and set some goals.

Just my two cents worth. Thanks for your time and Thank you Garrett Ford for
being not only a wise business man but one of the greatest new leaders in
our sport. Please email me directly if you have a problem with what I have
said.  Sharon