Re: RC: Trade Show Donation?

I haven't been to a theater in over 6 years but I did go to a concert last
year.  However as a vendor I need each and every customer that I can get and
if this turns a browser (who might become a buyer) then I am the loser.
I am sorry this has taken on such proportions but when Clinton signed the
GSENM he told us it was for our good.  Now AERC needs money to run such an
organization but this 'Donation' is earmarked for Trails not running things.
I did look up this motion in the EN on page 28 of the December issue under
National Office second paragraph about halfway down I quote "M. Price moved
to allow people to come into the trade show only, for a donation of a minimum
of $5.00, for which they will receive a receipt, this money to be given to
the Trails Fund.  T. W.  Howe seconded.  Motion carried unanimously."  I know
the Trade Show has been free since I have been a vendor, 1991 was my first
year.
AERC's dues at $65 for senior membership is the highest and NATRC's is the
lowest at $35.  I do not mind paying dues for my enjoyment of something I
love.  I love the trails but prefer to donate in whatever way I want to.
Sometimes working on a piece of trail that the erosion has done a number on
by myself with my horse or hauling out something someone else left behind.  I
would like to see more people doing it so I try to interest others in taking
part so as to get them hooked.  I do not charge them to look at my stuff.
I paid my fee as a vendor but like Teddy I can't find the Donation mentioned
for non convention attendees to attend so they will hopefully spend money so
I can continue to do what I love to do.  I paid more for my booth this year
than previously and stand to make less.  Sounds like a wonderful proposition
to me.  In my small way I try to support my sports (NATRC & AERC) through the
donation of Gift Certificates, very seldom do I make anything money wise but
I keep trying.  Sometimes I wonder if it is worth all the effort?  I need to
go sew got three Trade Shows coming up.  Lovell