Convention Trade Show

Hi, all,

I have searched the Archive subject list and haven't found any posts regarding the entry fee being charged at the trade show this year.  In December's Endurance News, it is reported in the Mid Year Board of Directors Meeting minutes that a minimum donation of $5.00 will be required to enter the trade show.  The original proposal was for an entry fee, but the board voted on a "minimum donation of $5.00", for which a receipt will be given, this money to be given to the trails fund.  There is nothing about whether this fee will be charged (and yes, it is a fee) on each day, or just once.

I have nothing against donating to the trails fund.  In fact, I support it wholeheartedly.  I do object, however,  to being forced to make a donation, which is only a thinly disguised fee.  What does anyone else think?  I wonder if this will affect the attendance at the trade show.  Have the vendors been notified of this?

Joan D.