Sarcoids

Hi, all,

   Is a sarcoid the same thing as a melanoma???

 Jordan, my grey 22 yr old gelding, has melanomas in a lot of spots..inside
the sheath, on his anus, on on the inside of his left hind leg. My vet says
that as long as they aren't in a spot where they can be galled, leave 'em
alone. He said melanoma in horses is different that that in humans, and often,
if you cut one out, they come back with a bunch of pals and they're all angry.

I suspect, from the sound of the thread, that sarcoids are different..
Michelle