Fwd: ridecamp-d Digest V99 #184

To all campers, and the veterinarians on it..

My humble apologies to all for the comments I made about veterinarians pulling
guilt trips on their clients. It was a nasty comment, and one I should have
known better than to make. I apologize.

Michelle

---- Begin included message ----
In a message dated 2/5/99 7:41:57 PM PST, ridecamp-d-request@endurance.net
writes:

> So, was having him euthanized a convenience? Some would say it was. That was
> over a
>  year ago, and I still second-guess

Please don't, Kristi...vets always put the guilt trip on their clients...after
all, a dead animal's owner no longer has any need to pay a vet...
My beloved Siamese cat (not the one atop my monitor as I write) had diabetes.
She also absolutely hated needles. The vets told me I could give her daily
insulin shots for the rest of her life, or I could let her go when the time
came. She lasted a year after diagnosis, and in the last two days was in great
pain. But she still purred and told me it was okay...when the vet came at her
with the final needle, she was in my arms, swearing a blue streak at the vet,
and yet still and calm in my arms.

Kristi, there's not a day in my life that I don't hurt..but she doesn't, not
any more. It's the only thing we can do for them that's truly kind.
Michelle
---- End included message ----