Re: Endurance Movement

In a message dated 2/6/99 5:32:17 PM Pacific Standard Time, 4horn@home.com
writes:

<< Is it desirable to have a horse that moves wide in the rear at the trot?
 I see some horses doing it, others do not. I always thought it was some
 sort of gait "fault" but I have heard otherwise.

I tend to think of it as a desirable trait.  Horses with strong rears and good
strong trots tend to do it.  Also, most horses tend to get wider with
conditioning.  Watch Standardbreds trot sometimes--if they didn't trot wide
behind they'd never be able to accomodate their humongous strides!  And they
darn sure don't interfere, either...

Heidi