sarcoids and a story

-----Original Message-----
From: David Freed <dpfreed@webtv.net>
To: ridecamp@endurance.net <ridecamp@endurance.net>
Date: Friday, 5 February 1999 2:48
Subject: sarcoids

Wanted to know if anyone has any experience with sarcoids
No need to take on a problem, if it is one.
Can anyone share experiences

Hi Jan,

We bought a lovely endurance mare with the specially lowered heart rate
probable five to six years ago.  Before we bought her she had a sarcoid on
the front but at the base of her ear, also one on the hind leg.  She had
several other scars where she had them removed before.

The one on the leg fell off and the one on the ear turned into a funny sore
that I kept annoying and then one day it fell off.  Not a problem since.
She's a lovely mare that I sold to my friends for their children.  The kids
ride her around with no saddle and bridle and have a ball on her.  She
annoys them when they play tennis, she has a tendency to want to be with
humans so she stands in the middle of the tennis court an nods off to sleep.

This same mare I must add has the best maternal instincts.  A thoroughbred
mare's 2 day old foal got away from her and as I was leading this mare down
the lane the foal ran behind her, under her belly and and up under her nose,
which the mare prompted to start to lick and talk to her. The next day she
had bagged up.

How many mares do you now will do that?  Priceless.

Donna P.
www.horseconnect.com.au
donna@webexpress.net.au