Gesa

I know euthanasia is a touchy subject but please look at it this way. If you
died and your last wishes weren't carried out how would you feel?

I know that the story you told was awful but maybe the lady didn't want the
horses to be a burden or a cost for anyone else.  I know it doesn't seem
logical but it is her right and they were her horses.

I applaud the Vet that did put them down, Why? Because he carried out
somebodies last wishes, he probably didn't want to do it either.  He
probably looked at the situation logically.  If he didn't do it, the family
would have found someone else. Maybe he knew the horses and had been their
Vet for some time.  At least he knew it was done humanely, the family could
have arranged some cowboy to shoot them.

I'd rather have the vet, someone my horse know look him in the eyes as he
puts him to sleep, then look at the barrel in fear.  I know if something
happened to me I would have 21 y/o put to sleep by his vet.  the younger
horse would be sold but the older horse would be a burden.  That probably
seems cruel too, he has been my friend for 13 yrs and rather have him
neglected I would do that.

Don't shun that vet, he was only doing his job and doing it correctly.  I
only hope that my vet would do the same when asked, because I trust him to
respect my wishes.

Donna P.
www.horseconnect.com.au
donna@webexpress.net.au