Re: Worming

MargePiwowarski wrote:

> effective and safer orally, have used it since.  (We also use it monthly
> for dog heartworm preventative, general worming and have treated heartworms
> in rescue dogs with it.  We squirt it in their mouths from an insulin
> syringe, to get the measurement accurate.)

One word of caution, Ivomec was been know to cause fatalities in dogs
that are collie or related to the collie breeds. I give Ivomec to my
Great Pyrenees and my German Shepherd, but would never consider giving
to my Shetland Sheepdog. Even though the Sheltie is not suppose to be
related to the collie, some years back some Sheltie breeders tried
breeding in some collie lines, it didn't work out the best so they quit,
but I do not know for sure if my Sheltie is related to those lines, and
he is too dear to my heart to take the chance.

Lynette
We are having 30's and 40's temperature. It is a nice winter after all.