Re: People shoes

Susan Brehm wrote:

> Hey Ridecampers,
>
> I'm having a little trouble finding something comfortable
> for *my* feet while riding.  <SNIP>What do you all ride in?

People shoes are like saddles - they are WONDERFUL when they fit YOUR
foot.

I have a wide foot with high arches and heel (bone) spurs and plantar
fasciitis.  I'm pretty picky about my shoes if I want to be able to walk
after the finish!  I'm comfortable in "Horseshoes" by Roper with Ariat
gel footbeds inserted in them.  They are <all> leather uppers, unlike
some other popular brands.  The brands that have vinyl around the top
(ankle) seem to wear out too quickly against the stirrup.

If you have a friend with the same size foot, ask to try their riding
shoes!  (Kind of like borrowing a saddle for fit & comfort before
ordering one.)

Linda Flemmer