Re: Shoeing Rule changes

Hi, Abby, no heat from me; I agree completely with your "spin on it"  about
the shoeing rule change.
I do, however, recall reading some comments from some endurance riders to
the effect that they still would not ride NATRC because they can't use leg
wraps and still have to tie to the trailer instead of using corrals and
don't want to be judged on their horsemanship, etc.  I think when we have
rules changes like the electrolyte rule change and the shoe change, if the
changes are done with good horse care in mind, like these were, it's a good
thing.  However, I don't think we should make changes just to accommodate
other disciplines because then we lose sight completely of the unique
things about our own sport and what our sport offers, but I believe that
our National Board gave a lot of consideration and thought to these changes
and I support them completely, too.
Betty in Colorado