SandBlast Endurance Ride

To the 132 riders and countless volunteers at the SandBlast:

Thanks to all who braved the weather, the bogs, long lines and delays in
presenting awards.  Carolyn and I were lucky to have so many understanding
people attend the SandBlast Endurance Ride.

We did not forsee the trouble with Fort Bridger trail.  That particular
section will be closed during next year's ride.  On Monday February 1st, we
found new trail on the north end of the ranch to replace Fort Bridger.  We are
hoping that within the next 6 months we can get the Corps of Engineers to
build a large wooden bridge to connect that new trail with our existing good
trails.  No more bog monsters.

Ken Killman, the Ranger at the Scout Ranch, has already invited us back.  It's
just a matter of re-applying with the Circle Ten Council in Dallas.  With
their approval we can go ahead with plans for the SandBlast 2000.

If you would like to send a note to Ken (he'd love to hear from you) and let
him know about your experience at the SandBlast Ride, here's his address:

Ken Killman
CIRCLE TEN COUNCIL
Clements Scout Ranch
Rt. 1  Box 1330