Cal Poly

This is directed only at a small minority who are still complaining.

Everyone has seem to got onto their high horse about this Cal Poly thing.
It seems that allot of people were wrong in the first place and that has
been sorted out but I have just read an e-mail complaining about them
selling the horses to the slaughter house.

I live in Australia and I don't know what it is like for your institutions
but I know over here it is a struggle to keep any equestrian courses going
and I know the stud managers are always in the red.  They have threatened to
take our course away so many times.

So what if Cal Poly had to sell these horses to the slaughter house.  I know
to allot of you it sounds mean but if they were suffering at least now they
are out of their misery.  Who was going to fund that?  Not the people
whingeing I bet, but the institution.  They probably didn't want the horses
in the first place but took them.  They probably paid for their transport to
the institution, fed them while they were there, spent time wit the vet and
maybe some farriers.   It doesn't pay for itself.

I would rather them make a little money on some poor horse than run out of
money and close a course down.  I know you say oh but they get government
funding, but institutions would rather use that money in other areas than in
a section that can't support them selves financially.  Equine courses don't
support themselve no matter anyone says.  How many horse people are only
just making ends meet, think of it on a larger scale.

So before you criticise what has happened think about the big picture.  Too
many people think with their hearts and not their heads. I bet you wouldn't
of taken on that many horses and paid for it yourself.

Donna P.
www.horseconnect.com.au
donna@webexpress.net.au