Re: Purina Athlete

In a message dated 1/2/99 7:10:25 PM EST, Olympian06@aol.com writes:

<<
 All I am wondering is if anyone can see any problem with this feed, or has
 heard anything about this, either good or bad.  I greatly appreciate any
 information you might have and can give.  Thank you all so very much!!!

I realize this is an old post, but I've been too busy to respond sooner.....
There is at least one successful endurance horse that is fed Athlete.....I
have been using this product since it was introduced around 1986.  At that
time I had re-acquired a horse that I had leased out for many years...she was
15 years old and at least 200lbs under weight.  I started her on the Athlete
(about 2lbs per feeding along with 2lbs COB).....While in training (in
Florida, in the summer) she gained at least 150lbs and in 90 days placed 2nd
in her first CTR.

With my current horse, Wameco, I started  him on the Athlete when I acquired
him, however at a much smaller rate....about 1 cup per feeding.....He
maintains his weight very well (always looks like the fat, white pony) and has
excellent recoveries.....never takes longer than 3 minutes and I trot into the
checks.....

So sorry Susan and Truman...yes there is at least one successful endurance
rider in the Southeast using  Purina Athlete.

Cindy Bell
AERC member...Southeast Region (1st place)
Wameco.....1st place National 100 mile Championship