Re: Stonewalls and SS Training Models

I have a Stonewall and *love* it!  I confess, it was a bit rocky in the
beginning <g> but after a few months and severa miles, Lakota and I both
settled in just right.

I had this one made for us, measuring his back & sending photos and a
check and waiting expectantly for weeks for the saddle to arrive.  When I
first tried it on, I was a bit confused by the rigging, as I had never
used a saddle with fully adjustable 3-point rigging before, and I was just
wasn't quite sure what to do.  After numerous phone calls to Jerry Stoner,
who was marvellously patient with me, and a couple weeks of trying this &
that, I got it figured out. Lakota and I did our first 50 just 6 weeks
after receiving the new Stonewall and he did great in it, so I'm declaring
it a success.  He's been in it nearly 4 months now and so far no soreness
or white hairs <knock on wood>.

The twist of the saddle is as wide as the tree, it seems to me, which
means the one I have is much wider than my Aussie was (because Lakota
needed a wide tree).  Now that I've gotten used to it, however, I find it
extremely comfortable.   It's very well balanced; I find I can canter
while standing or seated equally well; posting is a breeze, and it's
sufficiently padded that walking is okay too.  The workmanship is very
nice; the leather feels wonderful.  It's very lightweight and easy to
sling around even after 35 miles. <BG>

I can't speak to longevity yet, but I give the company a firm A+ on
customer service.

Glenda & Lakota
Mobile, AL
AERC # M18819 & H27310