pre-registration

Hey guys, it's still me, Angie.  The stupid server has suddenly started
putting up the name my account's in as the return address instead of
"Rides2far"

Angela,

>So you would prefer to have a line of 150  people checking in and when
>number 121 comes up you say, "Sorry, ride's full, pack up and go

Nope.  That's not a problems with us.  105 is a HUGE ride here.  My
particular ride has topped out around 100, but now that we're stuck with
a fairly hot weather late spring date, we'll be lucky to get 75, so it's
not nearly as big a deal.  I can certainly see where some of these huge
rides might need more lead time.

I think the idea of taking an extra number of riders for pre-entry would
help in the case of rides that always fill up.  Our problem is, it
doesn't fill up.  If I state that there's a cut-off for pre-entries, I'm
scaring off the ones who thought they couldn't come, but at the last
minute got the oportunity, so for us it's good to keep it open.

We make up plenty of entry packets in advance, then hand out the entries
as the riders sign up.  The only time we have a number out of order is if
someone forgets that Susan Kasemayer HAS to have number 13. :-)

I see nothing wrong with OTHER managers having pre-entries, I just prefer
not to in our situation.

Angie

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]