Re: RC: Hunting

Amen to that!  While I prefer to do my hunting with a camera, I'll
gladly accept donations of venison.  And after a few close calls with
deer on the back roads at 11:00 PM as I get off work, it reaffirms my
knowledge that hunting season is a necessity.  After all, we've taken
away of the natural predators except Mother Nature, so we have to help
maintain a balance.  I was driving throuogh Pennsylvania a few years
ago, overnight, and in a period of an hour and a half, I counted at
least 50 deer easily visible in my headlights, grazing by the side of
the interstate.  Hard to tell how many were just out of sight.  That's a
danger to the deer and the drivers.  On the same trip I saw a lot of
road kill deer too, so it obviously was a problem.
But like anything else, a few irresponsible hunters give the rest of
them a bad rap.  Not all hunters are shooting before they are sure of a
target, but those are the ones you hear about.  I'm fortunate, however;
there are lots of State and County parks near here so I can ride and not
have to worry about being mistaken for something I'm not.
Mickie