Insert for pads

Hi all,

Recently Sarah asked for information on the Woolbacks and the use of
inserts with it.  I also use the Woolback and like it a lot.  Have not
had trouble with the washer.  BUT I do not use an insert althought I
remember having one somewhere around here.

I noticed a few white hairs on Fallon's withers.  Her saddle is custom
made and fitted to her.  My dressage instructor is monitoring me for
balance etc.  I am constantly searching for improvements in comfort for
horse and rider.  DO THE INSERTS HELP?  I remember something about a
year ago on them but cannot find it.  Do they retain heat? Do they
really improve padding?

On the saddle cover question, I have one all natural wool cover from
Jan's Saddle Covers (Endurance News Classifieds).  It is very nice but I
had trouble getting it to stay in place.  She makes all types of covers.

I got tired of retying mine on my saddle so I ordered a custom one from
Tammy Stucki (707)279-1239.  Although she has various patterns, my
Trekker saddle is unusual so I mailed her the Trekker and my junior's
sport saddle and had her fit them right to the saddles.  They are great.
They never move and I get a lot of compliments on their appearance. BTW,
they are synthetic fleece since I wanted color so Louise--green will be
synthetic.  Both the all wool and the synthetics are very nice but at
the moment, I am not using either.

The new "Fallon" saddle is an open front seat and I discovered that I am
less sore from rubbing if I don't have anything, including saddle
covers, in front of me.

Joane and the Herd
Price, Utah
Lyoness@Castlenet.com