RE: Pulling Back

-----Original Message-----
From:	Teddy Lancaster [SMTP:teddy@runningbear.com]

I found a good way to help teach a horse NOT to pull back.  I use a belly
rope...long enough to go around belly, up thru halter and then tie.  When the
horse pulls back, the pressure is on his body, not head and neck.  You will be
surprise how quickly they step forward and away from the pressure.

Teddy

[Karen Sullivan]  Teddy, do you think this method is better us use on babies?  Reason I ask, someone I know send a horse that repeatedly pulled back to a trailer to break it of the habit.  Trainer used the belly-rope through the halter trick and sure enough, horse threw itself back and broke it's neck.

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-