RE: Those new-fangled halters w/no hardware

If you've ever seen a horse set back, break a halter, fall over and fracture
his poll, and then die, I'm not sure you'd consider breaking a safety
feature.  Whatever happened to the very basic safety rule of ONLY tying
horses to objects that are immovable and solid enough not to come apart?

Heidi

[Karen Sullivan]  Heidi, I have to agree because of the bottom line....if and when I break down on the freeway and I HAVE to tie the horses to the trailer, I want to know for darn sure, that they have been trained to tie, and that none of the hardware will break.

I understand all the arguments for tying a horse with bailing twine or breakaway halters and some make sense, but you can't argue that once a horse pulls back and learns he can get away, he has learned that behavior.

I have to agree, tie to something solid (generaly not man-made wooden structures!)-I prefer tying high to trees and branches.

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-