Re: just put horse down

  It has been two days since we lost Baru. We cannot thank every single
person who sent us email for condolences so I thought to post here.
  I cannot tell each one of you how hard this has been, some of you have had
to go through this like me, more than once. I cannot express how much the
cards and the notes have helped. It has been more of a celebration of horses
lives. Not just a funeral for one horse. I have honestly felt the prayers
from all over. I have felt the prayers lift my heart and help me say
Goodbye. I wish Haley(pasture buddy) could understand those prayers as well,
she isn't doing well. But we have spent some time with her to let her know
she hasn't been abandoned.
  We have come into the age of new technologies that would have allowed Baru
more time on earth. Yes I could have more than jumped at the fact of having
Baru around for many years. It never would have crossed my mind if I had
called a vet and that vet say "we can have her back to 110% in about 1 1/2
years and she will be better than ever  and she will be able to lead a
normal lifestyle and be able to compete to her full potential."
Realistically she would have been a beautiful pasture ornament.  And
realistically she would have been a miserable horse. Some one wrote to me
and said there will be a little of Baru in your next horse. This wasn't the
first time I had to put a horse down. When I found Baru she had that fire in
her that Patches had. Lord help me if I find the same fire again. I will not
be able to put it out if it had both Baru and Patches. I am sure they are
having some interesting horse conversations in heaven. As for attachment,
Rob has shed many tears too. He never understood the attachment I had for
Patches, until now. He said it was no wonder I hurt over Patches since I had
her for many so many years. Baru was only 9 months,It was a nine year wait
to find another that could merely compare to Patches. Baru healed up a hole
where the death of one stayed. I am working on that hole that Baru left.
Seems like there is always a hole to fill. Your heart doesn't care that it
is overfull...just when it is empty.
  Thank you again Ridecampers for the prayers the memories and the
encouragement. Carla and Robert Lawson
  Baru may you gallop along the shores with the wind at your back, the ocean
at your ears. May you run like you have always wanted with no restrictions,
and may the angels play Baru tag till I come home to visit you and Patches.
Don't forget to wipe your eyelashes and clean your ears. Don't hog all the
food and be a butt when it is feeding time you will get your share. And Tell
Patches I love and miss her too.-Love Mom, Dad and Haley who misses you
terribly.