Things that Unite Us - Miles is Miles

Nell Lindquist rbohemian@yahoo.com
  Amen to this thread!  Not only am I a "newbie" who has participated in a couple of LDs (want to bring my horse along slowly, he's young), but I also participate in competitve trail, which earns me some snickers from my "hard-core" endurance buddies.  "All those rules to follow," they protest.
  All I know is that I have had a GREAT time at both CTRs and LDs, I have learned a tremendous amount in a short time, my horse is doing awesome, and everytime I am out on trail, enjoying the partnership of my horse, I take a deep breath and say to myself, "this is what it's all about!"  (It's also kind of gratifying when the arena-bound folks at my barn express amazement at the thought of going "25 WHOLE MILES" in one morning - they think I'm an Iron Woman and my horse is some kind of awesome equine god-athlete!)

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-