Fort Valley

I enjoyed reading Steph's accounts of the Fort Valley ride.  I met Steph at
the PAC when she was standing her horse Kruschev (sp?) for BC and I was
standing my friend Julie Bullock's horse Tashi Ashara as her groom right
next to her.  What a great surprize to see her at the Fort Valley ride!  The
leaves this year were incredible and the weather outstanding although
alittle hot in the afternoons.
Robert G.(from New Brunswick) and I stuck together part of the second day
and all of the third day.  Our horses pulled each other along and it was
really nice to ride with someone else who had the same goal as I did, TO
COMPLETE.  (Sorry Steph, I wish you had joined us, we could have been the
three musketeers, or mouseketeers, or is it the three stooges??)  The first
and second days we went at a fairly moderate pace.  The third day we slowed
down quite a bit, but it was certainly worth the views at the top of
Kennedy's peak.  Robert and I rode in together at the finish hand-in-hand,
although I don't believe they gave us a tie...(we tried though!).  Being
that I live right here in the Shenandoah Valley, I have only ridden the Old
Dominion trails.  Do you mean to tell them there are actually trails without
rocks?  I don't know if my horse would know what to do.  Anyway, it was a
great ride as usual, great food, wonderful vets, professional P&R crews,
fantastic pit crew, and of course FRIENDLY PEOPLE (one of the reasons I love
this sport so much!).  This was my third Fort Valley ride, three years ago a
50, last year the 2-day 100, and now this year the 3-day 150.  Would I do it
again???? HMMMMMMMMMMMM, ask me again next year!
Warmest Regards,
Debbie Bullis
Carmen Clasix
Massanutten, Virginia