Re: RC: Re:Liberty Run with the kid: Part DONE

In a message dated 11/2/99 9:12:07 AM Eastern Standard Time, lindap@lcc.net
writes:

<< Jen was officially sponsored by Sandy, but left Sandy on the 2nd loop to
 ride faster and finish with Barbara instead.  Isn't there a rule about
 juniors staying with sponsors? Completion times within one minute of one
 another?  Isn't that the whole purpose of sponsorship -- that there is one
 adult responsible for this child, who will be right with this child
 throughout the ride?  How did this happen?

 ***************************

 I've been waiting on this one. Come on Howard, set us straight, please.

uhhhh, I don't know?  How did this happen?  haha.  I don't even think I
notified management about the first switch from me to Sandy.  What a
rulebreaker I am!

Hey, I keep telling y'all if you believe everything I put down in writing I'm
going to start having to attach a disclaimer to these things.  I have two
goals when I write this stuff.

One)  TO MAKE YOU LAUGH
Two)  To not take your horses or yourselves so seriously (I'm afraid alot of
you are guilty here)
Three)  Oooppps, guess theres more goals.  To GET YOUR ATTENTION.
Four)  To try and bring some fun to our sport.  Too many rules, restrictions
and bad calls will eliminate this and people like me will quit driving 500
miles or more to rides that are not enjoyable.

I was wondering if any of you would catch that sponsorship thing.  Sure did
take you long enough.  Didn't think this dumb ole Southern redneck could fool
you for so long.  But so many of you jumped on me for criticizing the Vet you
missed the switching of the sponsor.  And then somehow we went back to the LD
thing and what constitutes a "true endurance rider".  As to the lady who made
some disparaging remarks about how and what I'm teaching my daughter with all
this all I can say is, "don't camp next to me."  All I can say was goal
number 3 was more than met with this last story.

cya,
Howard