Wild Horses

It is past the voting date of October 28th that was mentioned in the post
re:  states having more control over the management of the feral horses and
burros but I did want to mention that the federal government is not always
the 'see all, know all' of anything including management of the free
roaming horses.  An interesting example is what happened this past
week-end.  30+ of these horses were running on private land near and
crossing a major highway.  A group of private individuals assisted by the
STATE range manager rounded up this group and transported them to a safer,
friendlier environment where there is plenty of feed and water.  We have
many of these critters around our own place and I take exception to the
statement that these animals are target practice unless supervised by our
big brother in D.C.  If the feds had acted on the aforementioned example,
these animals would have been transported to holding pens for
adoption.  The bottom line is there is much to be said for states dealing
with their own and there is an argument for the feds to be involved in this
management as well.  Just be sure your re-action is based on fact and not
emotion.  It's a tough issue and no one has all the answers but I truly
believe in my state we are better able to deal with this issue than someone
sitting at a desk in Washington.
Sharon