Important: Please read & sign and forward on

Hope no one gets upset with this being "off topic" but it is for
a good cause.  I checked with the usual "urban legends and
hoaxes" sites and this is not listed as a hoax -- this is for
real.  It only takes a moment of your time to participate, and
that moment of effort could mean saving the lives of the wild
horses of Australia.

PLEASE SIGN AND FORWARD ON.  It is best to copy and paste so the
message doesn't get filled up with the "forward marks."  If you
don't know how to copy and paste, then just forward it and
hopefully the next person can clean it up before sending it on to
others.  THANK YOU FOR CARING.

AUSTRALIAN WILD PONIES TO LOSE THEIR HOME
In 1986, the South Australian Government acquired over 30,000
hectares of land in Coffin Bay, to be used as a National Park.
Living in this park was a small herd of ponies. They were
imported here from Timor in 1837, when European stock did not
stand up to Australia's harsh conditions. They were placed on the
Coffin Bay Peninsula, and have always lived there. These small
ponies helped our settlers to build this state, and are an
important part of our heritage. When the motor vehicle era began,
many of these ponies were massacred for their manes and tails.
The ones that escaped the massacre fled back to the peninsula,
and continued to breed. A rare management plan, with the Coffin
Bay Pony Society and the National Parks and Wildlife Services,
was set in place, and has worked for 20 years. Only 21 of these
horses now live there. All of Australia's 'native horses' were
bred with Timor ponies. Who could forget 'The Man from Snowy
River'?

Now the South Australian government wants them removed. A
Wilderness draft has been drawn up, which, while the land the
ponies live on is excluded, the only access to them will be
closed. With Australia holding the 2000 Olympics next year, I
don't think it is appropriate for this country to be removing
their oldest breed of Horses.  I'm sure our politicians don't
want the world media focusing on this issue.

Due to much pressure from here and across the world, we have
received a 4-year reprieve. We wish to change the current
legislation to protect the ponies, and leave them in their
natural habitat ad infinitum. Please, please, please add your
names to the list ... Please sign at the bottom for your signify
and do include your town, country and e-mail address.

If you receive this list and it has 100 names on it, please
e-mail a copy of  it to mishop@optusnet.com.au

Even  if you decide not to sign, please be considerate and do not
kill this important petition. (Choose either the COPY or FORWARD
functions depending which is best at keeping the email legible.)

Thank you and kind regards.
Marie Bishop
Publicity Officer
CBPPS

Dear Minister Kotz, Mr Premier, and Prime Minister,

We, the undersigned, wish to keep the Coffin Bay Pony in the
National Park as  protected and managed wild animals. This has
been their home for 160 years, and they deserve to stay there
always. We respectfully request that legislation be changed to
allow the ponies to live protected, in their natural environment,
unchallenged by politics, ad infinitum.

 1) Marie Bishop - Adelaide, South Australia -
mishop@optusnet.com.au
 2) Phil Bishop - Adelaide, South Australia - bishop@arcom.com.au

 3) Lenny Arancibia - Santa Cruz, Bolivia -
kirkaran@roble.scz.entelnet.bo
 4) Carlos Arancibia - Santa Cruz, Bolivia -
kirkaran@roble.scz.entelnet.bo
 5) Carmen Zerain - Santa Cruz, Bolivia - la_zerain@yahoo.com
 6) Leo Maffei - Santa Cruz, Bolivia - thaus@yupimail.com
 7) Ana Karlem Mercado - La Paz, Bolivia - anakarlem@animail.net
 8) Andres Navarro - Argentina - noa@amc.com.ar
 9) Marie France Sanchez - Irving, Texas, USA -
mfsanchez1@hotmail.com
10) Michael Kirkpatrick - Irving, TX, USA - mrk@airmail.net
11) Renee Kirkpatrick - Irving, Texas, USA - raaz-k@airmail.net
12) Kristin Faurest - Budapest, Hungary - kfaurets@hotmail.com
13) Pam Graham - Vancouver, WA, USA - grahampa@teleport.com
14) Gwendolyn Gregorio - Neustadt, Germany -
Gestuet-Falkenhorst@t-online.de
15) Sarah Dekker - Salford, Ontario, Canada
16) Victoria Cameron - Capreol, Ontario, Canada -
ladyequestrienne@hotmail.com
17) April & Jim Bentley - Avoca, Iowa, USA - jbentley@netins.net
18) Kim Chura - Elkwood, Virginia, USA - Mule2x@aol.com
19) Sue Pearson - NY, USA - doguewood@froggernet.com
20) Carla Benson Baldwin - WI, USA - horselvr@win.bright.net
21) Lee Workman - Humboldt, NE, USA - leibe@navix.net
22) Bear Creek Equine Rescue & Sanctuary, Inc. - Weston, MO, USA
- rcrkrch@swbell.net
23)  Barbara Freeman - Attleboro, MA. USA - RkyMtnHrse@aol.com
24) Susan Young Silberman - Micanopy, FL USA -
ssilberman@bigfoot.com