Re;cow hocked

Once upon a time I had the distinct pleasure of knowing my brothers dog
He was a part bassit beagle named Lukey. Lukey used to sing with me when I
sang *off key* or when I played moms organ. We loved Lukey he was a good
dog. But Lukey was the  dog that we nicknamed Spare Parts. His legs were
probably 6 inches long and from his nose to tip of his tail he was about 3.5
ft. He had long droopy ears and big brown eyes. But the dog could sniff out
rabbits that had gone through two months ago. I figured spare parts was
typical beagle and got so lost he couldn't find his way home. We found him
once about 3 miles away but he would just run off again. Sorry family didn't
neuter back then. Where is this story going? Well let me explain a little I
have learned about confirmation. It can be a million dollar show horse in
the halter and have perfect confirmation. But can the horse RUN? There is a
reason God made a horse the way he did. Sure he is gonna let you try to run
the genes thing.... But can your horse run? Cow hocked horses have a few
things going for them... they won't interfere with the front and they sure
can move on at a trot. I have a slightly toed out horse she has a heck of a
trot. I can sit her park trot all day long. And yes she can move at a run.
My buddy has a QH that is a perfect show horse and she is great at Endurance
to. But she is having problems interfering with her feet right now. It is a
struggle for her to stay at an extended trot.I would say that for cowhocked
or slightly turned out it can be an advantage to endurance riding. If you
intend to breed for confirmation I would check into finding a stallion that
can throw nice clean legs. But there again sometimes there are some spare
parts used.
Carla( wanting to go rabbit huntin again with a beagle)
Baru (Hunting COOOOL cherrio here we go)
Haley ( um you gonna use a real gun MOM?)
Rob ( over MY dead BODY!)