No Subject

Well I thought I may have to post this sometime or other and I am sure that
I am going to get a blooming million posts on this one.
Situation.... I am honestly heavy handed with reins. I hate to admit that I
am a nightmare on a horses mouth. I am not sure If it is a security issue or
what. but I can't feel..... as some would say the horses mouth. I believe it
would stem from showing showring horses. with Double bridles and the long
shanks. I know it toughned the mouths quite a bit. SO I honestly believe I
would be better riding with a sidepull and then graduate to a hackmore.
Because of my punishing hands I am haveing a problem with Barus Nose in the
air. I believe this is a bit typical of arabs. correct me here If I am
wrong. I have been dreaming of owning one Now that I do I am beginning to
wish I had purchased something that would have the head down or more tucked
in. Baru wants her nose UP when she runs trots or anything. I have and still
use a Y fork that  connects from the girth. then splits and two rings for
the reins to pass thru. She has pulled so hard against this  that I have had
to replace this 3x. Should have dawned on me that I have a problem. I am
using a full cheek snaffle. I have used a Billy Allen bit(snaffle with
covered roller has a 4inch shank and curb chain) as well with the fork. She
still wants to get the nose in the air. I would let her if It wasn't for one
thing She don't look where she is going.I also need some advice on how to
attach a umbrella to her bridle to prevent drowning if we ever get some rain
here.
Carla ( looking at chin gaurds)
Baru (oh look mom a bird)
Haley ( oh I see it tooo)
Rob (Haley watch the trail)
P.S. I have watched her run in the open and she still carries her head high.
Is this typical? Is this a natural way she will carry her head and Should I
interfere?